Book Title: Foundations and Best Practices in Early Childhood Education: History, Theories, and Approaches to Learning (3rd Edition)
Author: Lissanna Follari
- Early Childhood Development: A Multicultural Perspective (6th Edition)
- Developmentally Appropriate Curriculum: Best Practices in Early Childhood Education (6th Edition)
- Developmentally Appropriate Practice in Early Childhood Programs Serving Children from Birth Through Age 8
- Theories of Childhood, Second Edition: An Introduction to Dewey, Montessori, Erikson, Piaget & Vygotsky (NONE)
- Conceptual Integrated Science (2nd Edition)
- Creativity and the Arts with Young Children
- Reconceptualizing Mathematics: for Elementary School Teachers
- The Exceptional Child: Inclusion in Early Childhood Education
- Young Mathematicians at Work: Constructing Number Sense, Addition, and Subtraction
- Essential Linguistics, Second Edition: What Teachers Need to Know to Teach ESL, Reading, Spelling, and Grammar
Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0133830918.
Foundations and Best Practices in Early Childhood Education, 3/e presents a broad exploration of the scope, roles, and practices of working with and for children and families that’s ideal for both the beginning educator, as well as for those with experience teaching young children who are working to further their education. Toward the goal of helping educators make connections between beliefs and philosophies and practice, it includes stories or extended vignettes from a variety of classrooms that highlight how teachers and programs are integrating guiding principles and beliefs into applied practice. A resource for those beginning or continuing a reflective journey on the evolving path of defining and reshaping an educator’s own practice with children and families, it encourages educators to go forth and find a voice that will be used to advocate on behalf of all children and families. Now also available as a Pearson Video-Enhanced eText, this new edition reflects recent changes in early care and education practice based on legislative and policy changes, as well as the latest research on effective practice. Included are contextualized videos, Learning Outcomes, streamlined summaries, additional charts and graphic features, coverage of evidence-based practice and Common Core State Standards, and some important content changes that bring the material up-to-date and in step with today’s latest information in the field. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video and internet resources.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.