Book Title: From STEM to STEAM: Brain-Compatible Strategies and Lessons That Integrate the Arts
Author: David A. Sousa
Weave arts activities to STEM instruction, and STEAM ahead to academic success
- STEAM Kids: 50+ Science / Technology / Engineering / Art / Math Hands-On Projects for Kids
- The Big Book of Makerspace Projects: Inspiring Makers to Experiment, Create, and Learn
- STEAM Makers: Fostering Creativity and Innovation in the Elementary Classroom
- Maker Lab: 28 Super Cool Projects: Build * Invent * Create * Discover
- The Invent to Learn Guide to More Fun: Makerspace, Classroom, Library, and Home STEM Projects
- No Permission Required: Bringing STEAM to Life in K-12 Schools
- STEM Lesson Essentials, Grades 3-8: Integrating Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- STEM by Design: Strategies and Activities for Grades 4-8
- Worlds of Making: Best Practices for Establishing a Makerspace for Your School (Corwin Connected Educators Series)
- STEAM Point: A Guide to Integrating Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics through the Common Core
Arts activities enhance the skills critical for achieving STEM success, but how do busy STEM educators integrate the arts into sometimes inflexible STEM curriculum? This new edition of From STEM to STEAM explores emerging research to detail the way. It includes:
- Classroom-tested strategies, including sample K-12 lessons plans and planning templates.
- Tools for building a professional development program designed to helps arts and STEM teachers collaborate to create STEAM lessons.
- Sample planning frameworks for transitioning schools from STEM to STEAM.
The main objective of both art and science is discovery. Lead your students to make that connection and STEAM ahead to academic success!